We would like to thank you for your continued business and look forward to a mutual business relationship in which we can both grow.
As we work to stay true to our mission of creating seamless interactions between business and people, we collaborate with top innovators in the field to provide the best possible experience when using our solutions and services.
To that end, our local mobile operators have devised guidelines to streamline the flow of communication by enacting regulations requiring a split of traffic into Transactional and Promotional.
Definition of promotional Sender ID
- This is a sender ID that is used to promote a product or service to a specific group of people.
- Normally, this would be used to upsell or cross-sell products or services to customers via SMS Advertising.
Definition of Transactional Sender ID
- These are the sender names that are used when interacting with a product or service, such as OTP (one-time-password) messages, bank transaction notifications, and so on.
- Messages can also be billing reminders for loans, utility services, and so on.
- Notifications of system downtime will also be considered Transactional messages. This also includes Internet connection outages, an organization's inability to provide services, and emergency notifications.
Governance on the two types of Sender names
- Promotional Sender names can only terminate messages between 8 a.m. and 6 p.m. daily, whereas transactional Sender names can terminate messages at any time of day or night.
- Promotional Sender names must include the defined opt-out process (*456*9*5#), whereas transactional messages are exempt.
As a result, we ask that you follow these rules to ensure that services run smoothly and without interruptions. Failure to do so will result in the registered sender being banned and blacklisted by the mobile operator.
Furthermore, any violation of the definitions provided will result in a penalty of Fifty Thousand Kenya Shillings per sender name for each occurrence.
Please contact us if you require any additional information or clarification..
Uwazii MOBILE Limited